Friday, February 23, 2007

Poetry Journal 3

It may not always be so; and I say: Contemporary Poet
S: giving up love
O: describing the idea of losing a loved one
A: his lover
P: to illustrate the idea that sometimes humans have to let go of their loved ones for their own good
S: a man in love
TONE: Passionately, love

After reading this poem I am able to comprehend that the speaker can not survive without the women he loves. In the first stanza of the poem the idea that is illustrated is that if the speaker ever sees his lover with another man he will go crazy. However in the second stanza he realizes that he wants his lover to be happy and wants the best for her therefore he is willing to let her go with the man she loves. After reading the poem I decide to respond to this poem with the following poem.

When I say “I love you” I mean
That in you I have found a passion
That in you I have found the love that I need
If ever I was to find you with
Another man
I would lament the fact that I am not with you
However it is my task to love you and make you feel happy
Therefore if your happiness is not with me
I must let you go and unleash the passion which you don’t have for me

No comments: